A pinkie pump also known as a pinky press, pinkie press or pinky pump is used to force feed a snake or other reptile in order to ensure adequate nutrition and survival. Pinky pumps liquify rodents into easily digestable When used properly, it allows a snake to recognise the taste and smells of thawed rodents as food and eat healthily ongoing.
Instructions to Use a Pinkie Pump:
- thaw pinkie mice. Refer to safe ways of thawing snake foodand deadly mistakes when thawing frozen rodents.
- cut the pinkie mice into small segments using a sharp knife. The smaller the better.
- select the appropriate nozzle based on the size of the snakes mouth
- put the mouse segments into the glass tube of the pinky press
- screw the plunger onto the body of the pinkie press
- hold the snake securely so that it can’t bit the handling
- carefully insert the pinkie pump nozzle into the mouth of the snake and ensure that the nozzle tube enters the throat and not the air pipe
- slowly compress the plunger of the pinkie press which will force the pinky mouse segments to liquify through the cutter and into the nozzle
- clean the pinkie pump carefully including the nozzles
Please note that force feeding of reptiles can be dangerous if not completed carefully. For inexperienced snake owners, it is recommended that a vet or experience reptile breeder is consulted to coach on safest techniques of force feeding snakes using a pinky press.
PetWave pinky pumps are durable and simple and easy to use.
The Pinkie Press is made of surgical stainless steel and comes with a leather case.
For further details lead our blog Force Feeding Food or Administering Medication to a Hatchling Snake Using a Pinkie Press
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other PetWave Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.